Thursday, October 13, 2011

'Nemo' and 'Monsters' Set to Return in 3D!


Seeing as The Lion King has been rocking the box office lately in 3D, and how Pixar's Toy Story and Toy Story 2 Double Feature in 3D back in 2009 got tons of people running to the theater, it comes as no surprise that Disney has decided to re-release four of their most beloved films in theaters,  and this time the four classics are being given the honour of being screened in the miraculous third-dimension. Out of these four films which will be getting the 3D treatment soon, two of them are, of course, Pixar films.

Returning soon in 3D are the Disney classic (and the first ever animated film to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars) Beauty and the Beast on January 13, 2012, Pixar's beloved Finding Nemo on September 14, 2012, the other all-time Pixar favorite Monsters, Inc. on January 18, 2013 (only a few months before its prequel Monsters University hits theaters), and last but not least, one of Disney's most famous tales, The Little Mermaid on September 13, 2013.

I am very excited to see all four of these films return to the big screen; I have great memories with all these movies. Beauty and the Beast has always been my favorite Disney Princess film, and I was always quite fond of the characters from The Little Mermaid. As for the two Pixar films, they are to this day still on my list of all time favorite films of all time. I remember watching Nemo in theaters (twice) when it came out in 2003, and watching Monsters over and over again at home on DVD...which I continue to do in the present day.

All these films are going to look amazing in 3D, but in my opinion, Finding Nemo is going to look the most stunning. After all, it has all the depth of the ocean, which should look fantastic in 3D, plus there are so many other breath-taking scenes, which 3D will probably bring to full power. For example, the jellyfish scene will look unreal if any previous 3D releases are any indication. If you ask me, some people in the theater may even start getting a little nervous due to the fact that there will be gigantic jellyfish right in front of their faces. And don't forget the astonishing high-speed ride with the sea turtles! That is going to look (and feel) unbelievable!

As for Monsters, Inc., I really think that the most eye-grabbing scene in 3D will be the famous door chase at the factory. If you've watched Monsters, Inc., I think you know what I mean.

We still haven't heard many details on the previously announced Ratatouille 3D re-release, however, so it's very probable that this one will be released after Nemo and Monsters, possibly in 2015 or 2016, but only time will tell. Luckily, we can now see that as time progresses more and more of Pixar's classic films are being converted to the 3D format, so we may even see A Bug's Life in 3D someday, which would be amazing!

I think that bringing all these cherished films back to theaters many years later is an excellent idea; it gives all those who grew up with the stories a second chance to relive the excitement of watching the films in the theater for the first time. And as for the younger generations, they may already be quite familiar with the movies, but they now get the chance to, for the first time, see them in theaters. On top of all this, we now get to see the movies in an all the experience...in epic 3D!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wonderful! I'm so excited!! I, myself saw Monsters Inc. twice in the theaters with my dad and my little sister! We loved it and I can't wait to relive being in the theater watching it for the first time, and in 3D!!!